No surprise here, but I absolutely LOVE planning my little girls 2nd Birthday Party! I picked this theme for my daughter’s 2nd birthday party before her first birthday! A ladybug themed party if perfect for little girls, toddlers or preschoolers! Here are some great ideas for you Ladybug Birthday Party. I would love to hear how your party goes and any extra ideas we can add! Enjoy
Ladybug Birthday Party Invitation Ideas
- Paper Ladybugs : Cut out a large circle of red card. On one side add black dot stickers and on the other write party details. Address invitations to the kids and place a few little wooden ladybugs on the invitation
- Not feeling crafty, then order your invitations online.
Ladybug Birthday Party Decoration Ideas
- Hang large red circles with black dots from the ceiling of your party area.
- Hang a ladybug pinata.
- Fill some flower pots with m & m’s and place fake flowers into each pot.
- Use a garden themed decoration box – with streamers, banners, party hats and ribbon.
- If you are having your party out side – set the theme with a c.d that sounds like the rainforest.
Ladybug Birthday Party Costume Ideas
- Give guests ladybug headbands to wear when they arrive.
- Give each guest a set of wings to wear.
- Give each guest an embroided ladybug t-shirt.
- Have a color theme of red and black.
Ladybug Birthday Party Game Ideas
- Ladybug Musical Pop: Fill a small plastic play sand shell with balloons. In each balloon place a number. Before the game begins have the birthday girl pick a number. Make a circle around the shell. Pass round a small soft ladybug toy – begin to play the music and one at a time give each girl a go at popping a balloon when the music stops. The winning number wins a prize.
- Ladybug Search: make some ladybugs using red milk bottle caps, hide them before the guests arrive. Give each guest a bucket and magnifying glass to search for small ladybugs that are hiding.
- Ladybug Craft Table: Using some clay-magic make and decorate a ladybug. Sprinkle with glitter.
- Ladybug Photo Booth: Make a fun garden backdrop and have one parent pose as a famous photographer! Encourage some fun group shots. Give the girls a ladybug photo frame. Send each girl a photo of the party along with your thank you card the following week.
- Ladybug Tea: Set up a table and chairs with a sophisticated tea set for little ladybug ladies. Have a waitress (Mom) taking orders for drinks and special ladybug treats.
Ladybug Birthday Party Food & Menu Ideas
- Ants on a Log: Spread peanut butter onto celery sticks. Place sultanas onto each “log”.
- Sliced strawberries : simple, healthy and will bring great color to your table.
- Ladybug Cookies : Ice each cookie then place 6 m & m’s onto each cookie and a black line of licorice.
- Strawberry & Mint Punch : Mix apple juice, lemonade, freshly sliced strawberries and mint leaves in a jug and add some ice.
- Homemade Old Fashioned Brownies : This is a favorite brownie recipe and works well for a kids birthday party.
Ladybug Birthday Party Favor & Prize Ideas
- Hand out picture books featuring ladybugs – The Grouchy Ladybug.
- Fill small plastic flower pots with candy
- Give each guest a Ladybug gardening tote with gardening tools and gloves.
Ladybug Birthday Party Variation Ideas
- Take guests to a butterfly enclosure to look for ladygugs.
- Eat a picnic on the lawn and take a nature walk to see real insects.
- Be sure to have several adults along to help keep track of the children and their teddies.
Ladybug Birthday Party Helpful Hints
- Be sure to consider how your party will run from the beginning to the end. Fill in a planner and write a running sheet to keep things running smoothly.
- Read my top tips for organizing your kids birthday party!